CAMELOT TECH LTD
Terms and Conditions
CAMELOT-TECH LTD T/A CATS-WHISKERS.COM LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
PLEASE NOTE. Products are not supplied on a trial or experimental basis; customers are responsible for verifying the suitability and compatibility of all items before purchase. We give reasonable technical support but do not give free computer assembly and operating lessons. Computer components should be installed using suitable anti-static precautions by competent and qualified persons only.
NOTE: The use of illegal/pirated operating systems or other illegal/pirated software will invalidate your warranty.
Introduction. All orders accepted by camelottechonline.com ltd having its place of business at 14, Camelot Court, Somerton Business Park, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 6SB and hereinafter referred to as the ‘VENDOR’ and any sale of goods made by the Vendor to the Purchaser are subject to the following conditions that shall form part and govern the contract of sale. Acceptance of goods by the Purchaser shall be deemed to be acceptance by the Purchaser of these conditions of sale. Any term sought to be imposed by a Purchaser either in a document or otherwise that conflicts either, or adds to these conditions is not accepted. No agent or representative of the Vendor has authority to vary these conditions unless accepted in writing by the Vendor.
1. Payment and Price.
(a) The vendor reserves the right to vary the quoted price for the goods by upward additions in accordance with market conditions at the date of actual supply and the Purchaser shall pay such additions in addition to the quoted price. Price lists do not constitute an offer.
(b) All invoices are due for payment on the date shown on the invoice. Payment to be made in Pounds Sterling.
(c) All overdue accounts shall be charged on a daily basis at commercial interest of 5% above the base rate of HSBC Bank PLC applicable at the time.
(d) All goods remain the property of the Vendor until paid for in full.
(e) Any goods passed to the Vendor for repair shall be paid for in full before the goods are returned to the customer.
2. Availability of Goods. The Vendor shall use its best endeavour to comply with the date named for despatch, delivery or repair which date is given and intended as estimate only and is not to be the essence of the contract. If owing to non-availability of the goods or other causes beyond the Vendor’s control, the Vendor shall be unable to effect delivery hereunder it shall be at liberty to determine the contract or part thereof by giving notice in writing to the Purchaser.
3. Property and Risk. For so long as any amounts remain owing from the Purchaser to the Vendor (whether immediately due or not) title to the property of the goods shall remain with the Vendor and ownership shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Vendor has received payment in full. In the event of the Purchaser reselling the goods, if the Vendor has not received all amounts owing to it, the Purchaser shall account to the vendor for the proceeds of any such sale and meanwhile hold all proceeds of such sale of such goods upon trust of the Vendor until the Vendor has received such amounts in full. The Vendor shall have the right to trace all proceeds in accordance with the principles of R, v. Hallets Estates 1880 113CH.D96. At any time after the due date for payment from the Purchaser to the Vendor, and so long as such amounts have not been received by the Vendor in full, the Vendor, at the Purchaser’s expense, shall have the right to enter the Purchaser’s premises and remove therefrom all goods which remain the property of the Vendor, in the event of any unpaid invoices. The Vendor shall reserve the right to reclaim any goods previously supplied to the value of the unpaid invoice.
4. Design Variation. Whilst the Vendor makes every effort to ensure that goods supplied correspond to in every respect with the sample, specification or description, provided as the case maybe, the Vendor is not responsible for the minor variations in specification, colour or other design features, and no such minor variation shall entitle the Purchaser to rescind the contract or shall be the subject of any claim against the Vendor by the Purchaser.
(a) No liability for any claim for damage or non-functionality shall be accepted unless the Vendor is notified by the Purchaser in writing within seven days. This period may be extended at the sole discretion of the Vendor where the manufacturer’s replacement exceeds this deadline.
(b) No liability for any claim for missing items such as manuals, connecting cables etc shall be accepted unless the Vendor is notified in writing by the Purchaser within forty-eight hours of delivery.
(c) No liability for any claim shall be accepted in the case of goods differing in quantity or description from the particulars given on the delivery note or invoice unless the Vendor is notified in writing by the Purchaser within forty-eight hours of delivery and the onus is upon the Purchaser to prove any shortage.
(d) In the case of manufacturers who operate direct product support and returns procedures, the Purchaser accepts an obligation to process their claim directly through the manufacturer.
(e) No warranty is extended to consumable items e.g. printer cartridges and blank media.
(f) No liability for any claim shall be accepted for damage whether mechanical, electrical or software or data loss to equipment (including complete systems, peripherals and components) supplied by the Vendor to the Purchaser, or equipment owned by the Purchaser but not supplied by the Vendor, where such damage is caused by the Purchaser adding, removing or modifying in any way any item of hardware, software, programs, or inappropriate use of the same, or computer software viruses whether introduced by the Vendor or the Purchaser.
(g) No liability for any claim shall be accepted for damage caused by electrical storms or electricity supply power surges.
6. Guarantee. Excluding re-furbished goods and goods covered under clauses 5(a) and 5(e) and 5(f) above, all goods are warranted free from manufacturing defect for a period of 365 days from the date of invoice, unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase. Goods falling within this period shall be exchanged, repaired or credited at the sole discretion of the Vendor except where such failure can be attributed to reasonable wear and tear or user error or misuse, providing the goods are returned subject to conditions outlined in clause 7. Excluding goods covered under clauses 5(a) and 5(e) and 5(f) above, or unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase, all goods are warranted on a ‘back to base’ basis. The Purchaser shall be responsible for all carriage, telephone, postal and incidental charges incurred during the guarantee period.
7. Returned goods.
(a) The vendor shall not accept goods for credit or rectification unless such a return has been authorised by the Vendor, and that the goods are received by the Vendor in stock condition with all the original packaging. The Vendor retains the right at its sole discretion whether to accept the return of goods or whether to issue a credit note in respect thereof. The Vendor reserves the right not to issue credit for goods returned after 30 days from the date of the original invoice and where such credit is granted the credited amount shall not exceed the current market value or the invoiced value, which ever is the lower. The Vendor reserves the right to charge a restocking fee on goods returned for credits which are not in stock condition or that are not returned complete with the original packaging or that have been ordered in error by the purchaser.
(b) All returned goods must be received at the Vendor’s premises within the warranty period, irrespective of when any returns authorisation may have been given. The Purchaser shall, unless otherwise stated, be responsible for the cost of outward and return carriage and insurance of all goods returned by the Purchaser to the Vendor. The onus of proof of such delivery shall rest with the Purchaser.
(c) All goods returned to the Vendor by pre-arrangement and found to contain no fault shall be subject to a 25% restocking charge, providing the goods are in original stock condition. Any variation of this restocking charge shall be at the sole discretion of the Vendor.
(d) No credit shall be allowed for goods until they have been received complete and tested by the Vendor.
8. Consequential Loss. The extent of the Vendor liability to the Purchaser for any default or breach whatsoever and howsoever arising shall in no case exceed the invoice value of the goods and as in clause 5 (f) above, the Vendor shall in no circumstances be liable to the Purchaser in respect of any loss or damage including loss of data whether suffered by the Purchaser or any customer of the Purchaser and whether direct, inconsequential or however else arising.
(a) If any part of these terms and conditions shall be found to be unlawful it shall not effect the validity or enforceability or the remainder of the conditions.
(b) This contract is and shall be deemed to been made in England and shall in all respect be governed by English Law.
(c) In respect of consumer sales only, statutory rights are unaffected by these terms and conditions.
Cats-whiskers.com ltd reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions without notice. Full terms and conditions are available upon request or from our web-site
Company No. 4302537 registered in England. camelot tech ltd Oct 2006
Returns Policy - Our 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
In addition to standard warranties and your statutory rights, we offer a 14 day money back guarantee on all products purchased from Camelot Tech Ltd.
1) You must take reasonable care of the goods - During the evaluation of the product it is expected that you take reasonable care of the goods (as you would when examining the product in a shop):
You are obliged by law to take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your possession. We will not consider that you have taken reasonable care of the goods if they have been used in a way or to an extent beyond what would be reasonable when examining the goods in a shop before purchase.
The goods must be returned with the original manufacturer's packaging (which shall not be defaced or damaged) complete with accessories, manuals, documentation, plastic bags, warranty cards, tie wraps, and any other accessories that originally came with the product.
2) Returning products that raise hygiene concerns - Products that have contact with the ear, nose or throat can only be returned for a full refund if sent back with hygiene seals unbroken and in unused condition (you must exercise reasonable care when evaluating the product as you would in a shop).
It is our aim that customers are 100% satisfied with all products purchased at Camelot Tech Ltd. Therefore, we understand that customers may be dissatisfied with the performance of products that raise hygiene concerns after they have tried them out. If this is the case please contact us and we may be able to offer credit for another purchase (subject to inspection of the returned product) or to purchase the product back as second hand (taking into account that we would need to dispose of the item as B grade in our clearance area).
3) Custom made products - Products that have been custom made to the customer's specification cannot be returned for a refund or credit under the 14 day return guarantee.
4) Shipping costs - Products returned under the 14 day guarantee that are not faulty are to be returned at the cost of the customer and the refund for the order will be made less shipping costs.
5) Exceptions to this guarantee:
No refund will be made if the goods are returned physically damaged, marked and or without original packaging.
Products that have been damaged by the customer which require more cost to repair than the wholesale value of the product will be returned to the customer without a refund at their expense, regardless of when it was returned.
Any and all products returned to us after the 14 day return/exchange period has expired cannot be accepted by Camelot Tech Ltd under any circumstances and will be returned to the customer (at the customer's expense) without a refund.
By making an order with Camelot Tech Ltd, you hereby agree to abide by the conditions and terms of the above stated returns policy.